Saturday, October 29, 2011

Again And Again

Why ask for help if you don't even want it from the person you're asking?

---

Where on earth was Joseph? He hadn't been himself these past few weeks, and he was starting to worry her.

After looking around for a bit, she saw him sitting at a table by himself, and went over. Tapping him on the shoulder, she asked him gently if he was alright.

He remained silent for a while, and when he finally spoke, it was to utter one simple sentence. "No one cares about me."

Her gaze fell onto his hands, which were folded crudely in his lap.

"No one at all?" she questioned softly.

What she said seemed to have struck a nerve, as he glared angrily up at her. "If anyone cared, do you think I'd be like this today?"

She met his stare with a sad one of her own.

He continued, "Does anyone care? Does anyone ever ask me why I'm like this?"

Just because I'm not her doesn't mean you have to take me for granted, she thought with a trace of weariness.

"Has anyone even noticed I never sit with them any more?"

I have. Doesn't that matter to you? She remained silent, even as she mentally answered her own question.

Obviously not.

No comments:

Post a Comment