Monday, September 5, 2011

Consideration

Hello everyone once again. This is a very odd story of mine that I wrote on a whim. It's set on a bus, like many of my other stories, though it's subtle you actually realise that's the reason the protagonist doesn't get up and entertain himself.

Yeah.

Its odd, as I said, very experimental and might not be very easy to read.

Still I hope it's entertaining enough for you to want to finish it. (;

Here it goes.

********************************************************

Hanzo was annoyed. He was tired, after a long dumb day. And now he was annoyed. Why was she taking such a long time to respond.

That was it. 5 minutes. No one neglected to reply to his smses for five minutes, and no one wanted to mess with him when he was tired and annoyed. He began planning the snarky sms he was about to send when someone who looked exactly like him shimmered into existence into the understandably empty seat beside him.

"Perhaps you shouldn't do it." He, or it said.

"Who the heck are you, I've never seen you before." Hanzo shot back.

"I am Consideration, I am here to advise you to perhaps think a little more about others."

"Thats nonsense, I don't need someone to come here and tell me to be a little nicer to other people."

"I am asking you to reconsider some of your actions nevertheless, or to actually consider some of them. "

Suddenly realization dawned upon Hanzo's face. He was fire, and this thing was...

"You, I recognize you now. You're not Consideration, you are Self-doubt. I see you all the time in him. You make him weak, I'm not going to submit to you."

"I am not, you have exceeded the bounds of normality and confidence. You have transcended into recklessness. It is only natural that Common Sense, has dictated that I be here to curb you."

"That is absolute rubbish. I can think for myself. I am not reckless!"

Consideration raised an eyebrow and crossed his legs.

"Well, that was rather impulsive and fiery response wasn't it? Come lets take a look for ourselves shall we, just today."

*Flashback*

*********************************************************

Hanzo was angry. But cool as ice this time. Still. He was angry. He spat venom, not fire.

"And what exactly are you trying to achieve by saying that Archie? Can you tell me?"

"Well I'm making fun of you."

"Well I don't like it, and I don't see anyone around you laughing."

Archie, as usual shifted to immediate self-justification and wrote himself into eternal Hanzo damnation.

"Everyone does it."

Those three words would be remembered for a long time to come indeed by both of them. Hanzo made sure of that.

"So that makes it right huh Archie? You're such a great role model, after all I'm worthless, I don't matter. You know what we should all applaud you for that."

He looked vaguely sorry, but only vaguely. He didn't say anything and looked away, there was nothing to say. But it wasn't enough.

"We should build a monument, a statue of you somewhere, so that we can remember you Archie. Perhaps. " Hanzo paused for a second before continuing with a vengeance, only the table between them preventing him from grabbing his shirt and pulling him close.

"How tall do you want it to be? 30 meters? 100 meters? You know what? Maybe we should engrave your figure into the moon. "

He stopped then and let the acid of his words hang in the air.

*************************************************************

"Not too far huh?" Consideration asked.

"Nonsense," Hanzo snorted, " You have to see the context. He's been ribbing at us for forever, if I hadn't done anything he would have continued to trample over the poor boy over and over again. He deserved every word."

He looked straight into Consideration's eyes and said slowly with venom. "My only regret was not continuing on. "

Consideration sighed and looked away.

"You're right I guess, but perhaps you could take a softer approach and work out an agreement with the boy, instead of stepping in and balkanizing all the massive scrapes he gets into. Prevention is better than cure."

"That's solely up to him, he doesn't like me. But I assure you I think about others as well. I do have consideration already. "

"Oh really?"

Hanzo smiled and pulled out a little figurine of his pocket.

"This is retrospection," he said, placing it on his palm.

"Why on earth is he so small!" said Consideration, notably outraged.

"Silence. Retrospection, speak!"

The figurine drew a tiny breath and spoke :

It is clear that the dealings with Archie were slightly overwrought and indeed venomous. However for the larger continuity of the survival of the self, it was imperative there and then to render the adversary incapable of providing any future harm. Any alternatives such as absolute kindness and gentle turn of opinion would prove to cause too much potential harm. Thus it was important to deal maximum damage there and then to decrease chances of self hurt in the future. Main Ruling 2 in the Respect And Considerations Act also states that one should treat individuals as with as much consideration as they treat you, Section 4 pertaining to Main Ruling 2 also clearly states that when no consideration is given, then no consideration is required to be given. It is clear that there has been no violation of the rules on this part and that the being Hanzo has been absolved of all guilt.

Hanzo smirked and shoved Retrospection back into his pocket.

"I told you so." He never lost an argument.

Consideration turned up his nose.

"Fine, but you should still reconsider your actions and not act on impulse. Like that text message. Learn Patience. " and with that he vanished before Hanzo could reply.

He never lost an argument either.

No comments:

Post a Comment